Follow on Bloglovin

Book Review: Lynda Renham's "The Dog's Bollock's"


The Dog's Bollocks (Formerly Titled:  The Valentine Present & Other Diabolical Liberties)

I have seen Lynda Renham's books before on Amazon in my quest for ALL things UK !  I have even purchased a book previously ( Pink Wellies and Flat Caps - A Romantic Comedy ), and am sad to say that I never had taken the time to read it.  I had read the sample portion, but as anyone whom has read this blog previously knows, I have a really serious ADD issue that honestly hinders my ability to focus at times.  I get so easily sidetracked, which has made being a consistent blogger a bit of a challenge for me.  Honestly, consistency in anything is a tad bit of a problem for me.  ANYWAY.......

The fact that I didn't read Pink Wellies and Flat Caps - A Romantic Comedy has nothing at all to do with my Lynda Renham's talent as a writer, just my own failure as a reader.  OK, so onto the book I HAVE read to completion.

I won an original copy (The Valentine Present & Other Diabolical Liberties- hereinafter called The Dog's Bollocks.) through her launch of her newest book Rory's Proposal (A Romantic Comedy) event that she recently held on Facebook.  I was so excited to win, and even more excited to read this book.  I sometimes do better with physical books, versus Kindle editions for some reason.

In The Dog's Bollocks, we have a truly fun cast of characters.  Even the villains (The "Jacks') are deliciously fun!  Our heroine of the story is Harriet, currently employed at the local laundrette, but with ambitions of being a certified nurse.  In the opening of the story we meet Julian and the "Valentine's (the Jacks').  Right away we see that Julian is in a spot of trouble with the notorious "Jacks".  It seems that Julian took out a loan and was also paying for "protection" for his French restaurant.

Harriet, who is completely oblivious to Julian's troubles, is waiting for Julian at a wedding.  Of course, he never appears, because he has fled as far as possible now fearing for his life. At this wedding Harriet encounters two tall dark and handsome men.  Brice, whom Harriet feels an instant attraction to; as well as Hamilton whom Harriet feels an instant disliking.  Harriet seems to have made an impression on both young men.

Harriet, and her best friend Fiona and Fiona's boyfriend (with a terrible stuttering problem), Alistair find Harriet's apartment ransacked and no sign of Harriet's boyfriend Julian.  When Harriet, finally does reach Julian she finds that all of her money as well as her van she signed for have been taken by the Jacks' and finds that she's now in massive debt and must find a sum of nearly 50,000 pounds to get herself out of debt and to pay of Julian's debts to keep all of his limbs intact.

An Indecent Proposal of Sorts:

Meanwhile Hamilton, one of the tall dark and handsome men from the wedding, is having his own crisis.  It seems his grandmother is dying and is about to cut he and his family out of her will.  Margarita (Hamilton's grandmother) seems to not be so fond of Hamilton's current choice of future bride.  Out of desperation to save his inheritance he tells an outrageous lie that he has met and is soon to be married to another woman.  Desperate times and all that he finds himself remembering that girl from the wedding.  He then goes to make her an offer she cannot refuse.

This offer begins a week full of hijinks, drama and fun.  This literally was a non-stop comedic ride!

The Characters:

This book was told with such fun humor and in such a way that I honestly could envision the whole thing as a movie.  It was one thing after another.

You have Harriet and Julian who are currently in "it" deep, Hamilton and his snobbery of a family, Fiona and Alistair (the bumbbbbling mess at times), and The Jacks'.  Ms. Renham truly created a wonderful group of characters who were fun to get to know and to go on their crazy wild week with them.

Ms. Renham was so perfectly adept at creating such vivid imagery in the reader's minds it was easy to imagine it all in my head and seeing it come to life.  It's not often in any book I read where I envision the whole plot as a movie, but I truly did with this book!

This was a definite winner!  A big huge 5 STARS!!  ***** I honestly can't wait to read my next Lynda Renham book!

Buy the Book:

This book, as well as all of Lynda Renham's book are available for a low price on Amazon Kindle!  Starting at $1.59 - $4.99, her books are definitely affordable whatever your budget!  I urge my readers to give this comedic author a shot and just try one of her books!  If you like comedy, I promise you will love her books!!

The Dog's BoIIocks (A Romantic Comedy) $3.49 on Kindle


Rory's Proposal (A Romantic Comedy) $4.99 on Kindle (This is her most recently published book!)

Pink Wellies and Flat Caps - A Romantic Comedy  $1.49 on Kindle

To Connect to Author Lynda Renham:

Lynda Renham's Event" Fun Page"

On Twitter

Have you read any of Ms. Renham's book?  Do you enjoy humorous fiction, if so which is your favorite??

Thanks so much for taking time to read my review of "The Dog's Bollocks".  I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you will consider giving it a try!  Thanks again!  Until next time!!!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

Link to: Lavender/ English Rose Giveaway
(I also have a giveaway on my Sassy Gal Beauty site!)
Sassy Gal Beauty: IG 500 Follower GA

** Please note:  All of the winner's entries will be validated.  So please, if you do not wish to participate in a task, just skip it!  Not all tasks are mandatory!!  Only liking my FB page is mandatory, all other entries are completely optional.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would absolutely love if I'm not the only one reading this! Please comment so I know I've got at least one reader :)

Welcome!

Email me! Like Sassygalreads on FB Follow on Google+ Follow on Pinterest Follow on Twitter


up