Follow on Bloglovin

Book Review: Katie Fforde The Perfect Match


Katie Fforde:  The Perfect Match
Another fabulous read, from one of UK's premier authors!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm addicted.  TO UK Chick lit!  I know I must sound like a broken record on repeat, going on and on about the fabulousness that is UK Literature.  As most of my readers know, I am a recovering addict.  I spent eight years fighting for custody of my children and to be honest finding authors such as Katie Fforde, truly helped me to escape the pain I was dealing with on a personal level.  

The unique sense of humor, the cozy warm feeling I get opening one of Ms. Ffforde's books, is so unlike anything I've read from the US.  I always describe Katie Fforde's books like a warm, cozy blanket you can snuggle up with.  It makes me feel safe.  Like the world is a good place and everyone can have their happy ending, if they choose to.

THE BOOK:

I am proud to say, I have now read EVERY book to date written by Ms. Ffforde.  Most of her books I've read twice and some even three times.  And believe me, I usually am not a person who can re-read a book. There are times, no matter how brilliant the book I just can't seem to "get into it" and yet I'm dying to read to be taken to another time and place and that's when I turn to Katie Fforde. No matter how many times I've read Restoring Grace or Flora's Lot, I can always count on them to take me to a whole other world filled with possibility and hope.

In "The Perfect Match" we fall in love with our heroine, "Bella Castle", an estate agent who has escaped a heartache and moved in with her godmother.  Bella has now been with her boyfriend, Nevil (also her boss) for I believe two years (I'm crap at remembering details).  Bella is pretty satisfied with her life, she loves her job, she adores sharing house with her godmother, and she loves her friends.

However, things turn upside down.  One day while visiting a friend / client, Bella encounters the past she thought she had fleed so long ago.  Now the past is standing right in front of her.  Dominic, while not exactly an ex, is definitely an old flame.  With Dominique back on the scene, and Nevil acting quite strange lately Bella's world is turned upside down and she doesn't know which way to go.

Nevil, Bella's boyfriend, has been more than a little preoccupied lately.  He's started having secretive phone calls, and spending weekend's "working" and being altogether unavailable.  Bella, who is quite an independent woman and doesn't really seem to be up for all that "neediness" that sometimes plagues us women, at first doesn't seem to notice anything amiss.  However, after a losing a potential sale and discovering a video that shows Nevil doing something mysterious and seemingly dodgy, Bella's interest and curiosities start to pique.  

Dominic, the man from Bella's mysterious past, seems to hold some sort of grudge against Bella.  Bella is baffled by his angry demeanor when they are reunited.  However, Bella can't help but be a tad bit of excitement at this unexpected reunion.  A little suspicious of Dominic's motives for moving in with his aunt, Mrs. Langley (One of Bella's customer's and dearest friends), Bella seems to have a range of conflicting emotions regarding Dominic.  It doesn't take us long to discover the past that has hung like a cloud over Bella for the last couple of years.

One of the things I love about Katie Fforde's book are her wonderfully delightful (sometimes undelightful) cast of characters.  She makes you feel as if you've stepped into another world and the pages come to life with her imagery and characters full of personality and sometimes charm, sometimes mischief.  The Perfect Match has some wonderful supporting characters.

With Alice, the godmother;  Michael, the mysterious gentleman caller and his LOVELY and suspicious daughter's; Mrs. Langley the customer who DOESN'T want to move; customer's who want their dream house on a cottage budget; the boyfriend up to no good; Dominic the man from Bella's mysterious past; and Bella the glue that holds it all together, Ms. Fforde has delivered us a juicy plot with lots of twists and turns and unexpected detours.  

This was one of those books that I had a hard time putting down, but I wanted to string it along as long as I could.  After all, when you've read all of your favorite authors' books you want to get every single drip out.  I have to say that Katie Fforde's book are always filled with hope.  There's always a morale that we can all be restored and no matter the age, there's always a chance at true love.

The Perfect Match was a perfect story.  I loved it all.  It was Katie Fforde excellence on every last page, every word.  I love the heroines in her stories, they always have you rooting for them.  Yet, she always has those parts that make you want to scream at them to WAKE UP! I enjoyed the mystery twist to this rom com!  It was part who dun it, part dramedy, part romance ALL perfectly delicious.  

This was a definite 5 Star book.  Katie Fforde is just a 5 Star author.  If you haven't ever read a Katie Fforde novel, I would urge you to do so.  When I first started reading Katie Fforde, it was a tad harder to get a copy of one of her book.  Now, though, with the magic and wonder that is Kindle, owning a Katie Fforde book is as easy as a couple clicks!

It was my love of Katie Fforde novels as well as a couple of other fantastic UK authors that was my inspiration to start blogging.  I want more readers in the US to discover the joy of reading a Katie Fforde novel.  While The Perfect Match isn't currently available on Kindle, there are a whole bunch of other Katie Fforde books available for usually around $7.59!  

Thanks so much for taking the time to read !  I hope that I can encourage at least one person to try a new author!!  She's absolutely fantastic!!


To Purchase Katie Fforde on Kindle:



CONNECT TO KATIE FFORDE:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would absolutely love if I'm not the only one reading this! Please comment so I know I've got at least one reader :)

Welcome!

Email me! Like Sassygalreads on FB Follow on Google+ Follow on Pinterest Follow on Twitter


up